Turkey citizenship by investment
Turkish Citizenship by Investment – fast-track second passport in 6 – 8 months through property investment starting from $400,000.
Turkey is renowned as a vacation destination. Its beautiful natural environment, moderate Mediterranean climate are features that make it a must-visit. But its advantages extend beyond just its climate and culture especially when it comes to holding a Turkish passport.
It was announced in 2016. Turkish government flagged-off the program at the end of January 2017, to enable direct investment and improve its real estate sector. Investors will decide how they want to contribute to the Turkish economy by choosing their investment options.
Benefits of Turkey Citizenship by Investment
Turkey is known as a resort country with a mild Mediterranean climate, stunning nature, rich cuisine and hospitable people. But its benefits are not only in the weather and culture.
- Travel without a visa. Turkish citizens travel without visas to 111 countries, including Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Living and studying in Turkey: Turkish citizenship grants you and your family the right to live and study in Turkey. Your children can access Turkey’s high-standard education system and experience its unique lifestyle.
- Easy route to citizenship: After investing €400,000 in real estate, you can obtain Turkish citizenship in less than four months.
- The entire family is included: The program allows you to bring along your spouse, dependent children under 18, and dependent parents. Family members can access free healthcare facilities.
- Schengen Visa travel: Turkish citizens can easily apply for a Schengen visa. They can enjoy visa-free travel to many EU countries and Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, and most of Latin America.
- Access to E2 Visa: Turkey citizens can apply for an E-2 investor visa through their Turkish citizenship, which is especially beneficial for citizens of countries without trade treaties with the US.
- Dual citizenship rights allowed: Turkey allows dual citizenship, meaning you don’t have to give up your current nationality to obtain Turkish citizenship.
- Passport is valid for life
Eligibility for Turkey citizenship by investment
You must meet the following criteria to qualify for Turkish citizenship by investment:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have no criminal record
- Purchase real estate worth €400,000 or invest in other approved options
- Meet health and security requirements
- Obtain a tax identification number in Turkey
- Have a Turkish bank account
- Provide proof of ownership or investment
- Pass due diligence checks
- Pay application fees and taxes
Requirements for Turkish citizenship by investment
There are three routes to Turkish citizenship:
Option 1: Invest in a property worth USD 400,000
- Purchase of a residential or commercial property
- You can rent out the property for income. Or you can sell it after three years for a profit
- There is no limit to the number of properties that investors can invest in and they have the option to acquire several
Option 2: Cash investment of $500,000
- Turkey’s Industry and Technology Ministry confirms fixed-asset investment
- Deposit $500,000 deposit in a Turkish bank for 3 years
- You should commit at least USD 500,000 or equivalent in a currency to government bonds.
Option 3: Set up your own company
There is an option to set up your own business and create jobs for at least 50 Turkish employees.
Turkey citizenship scheme application timeline
The application process for Turkey citizenship by investment typically takes three to four months and includes the following steps:
- Engage a citizenship-by-investment advisor
- Choose and purchase real estate or other approved investment options
- Open a bank account and obtain a tax identification number in Turkey
- Submit a citizenship application to the Ministry of the Interior
- Pay application fees and taxes
- Undergo due diligence checks
- Received citizenship approval
- Obtain a Turkish ID card and passport
Low due diligence
Turkey has a low due diligence process compared to other countries that offer citizenship through investment programs. However, applicants still need certain documents and meet specific criteria to qualify for Turkish citizenship through investment.