Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment
- Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program grants full citizenship and passports to applicants and their families.
- High-net-worth families can gain access to European, Caribbean, and key Asian markets through the program.
- An Antigua and Barbuda passport allows visa-free travel to 150 destinations, including Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and Europe’s Schengen Area.
- Eligible family members include spouses, dependent children, parents, grandparents, unmarried siblings, and their families.
- Requirements include options like real estate purchase, business investment, or contributions to the National Development Fund or the University of the West Indies.
- The processing time is typically three to four months
Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program is a cost-effective route for foreigners looking to invest in a second citizenship and passport. We have a detailed rundown of the program’s key features. This includes a breakdown of investment options, family requirements, due diligence, minimum stays, and program costs.
There are three ways you can take part in this CBI program which are explained below:
Donation – National Development Fund
This is a government fund that supports economic growth and development in Antigua and Barbuda. The cost involved is the lowest in the Caribbean for family applications. The applicant is required to make a minimum donation of $100,000 USD for a single applicant or a family of up to four.
Donation – The University of the West Indies Fund
It is a scholarship fund established to support education and research at the University of the West Indies. This particular fund is managed by the University of the West Indies Fund. The applicant is expected to donate a minimum of $150,000 USD for an individual or family of up to four applicants.
Antigua citizenship through real estate investment
In real estate investment, applicants must invest a minimum of $400,000 in a government-approved real estate development. This investment can be reduced to $200,000 for investments in certain real estate projects. It must be held for a maximum of five years, after which it may be liquidated.
Family members included
Applicants for the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program can include their spouse, dependent parents over 65, and children under 26 years old in their application.
All applicants must undergo a background check before acceptance into the program. By doing this, the government ensures that they are meeting all the necessary criteria as well as not posing a security threat.
Minimum stay for applicants
There are no minimum residency requirements for the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program. This means individuals who become citizens through this program are not required to live in the country.
How long does it take to become a Antiguan citizen?
The process of citizenship by investment in Antigua can take approximately 3-6 months. However, the exact timeframe may vary depending on the individual’s circumstances, the investment option chosen, and the volume of applications being processed at the time.
How to obtain Antigua citizenship by investment
To obtain Antigua citizenship by investment, an individual must first select an approved investment option. The available options include:
- Make a donation to the National Development Fund (NDF).
- Investing in an approved real estate project
- Investing in an approved business venture
After choosing an option, an application must be submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU). The application must include supporting documents such as a police certificate, medical certificate, and a due diligence report. Once the application is approved, the applicant must make an investment or donation before citizenship is granted.
Benefits of Antigua’s citizenship by investment programme
The Citizenship by Investment Program in Antigua provides several benefits for investors. The most significant benefits include:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to over 165 countries
- A stable political and economic environment
- A streamlined application process with a high approval rate
- The ability to include dependents in the application
Why do you need Antigua and Barbuda passport?
Obtaining an Antigua and Barbuda passport has several advantages. These include:
- Ability to live, work, and study in Antigua without restrictions
- Full access to healthcare and education services in Antigua
- The opportunity to apply for a Caribbean Community (CARICOM) passport
- Investment in Antigua’s economy and participation in its growth
- Second passports add security and peace of mind.
The beauty of Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda’s culture combines African and Caribbean influences. A dash of British heritage is also evident. Its popular carnival celebrations usually occur in July and August.
People dress in colorful costumes and play music along the street corners.
Education is a top priority among citizens and most universities teach in English. The government provides free primary and secondary schools, including private schools and universities.
Public and private sectors provide healthcare.